Performance Wheels and Tyres
Performance Wheels and Tyres
There is no denying the power of having a high performance wheels and tyres. Not only do they improve your handling and increase your horsepower, but they can also personalise your car giving it a unique look and feel.
At GMW, we understand the importance of having a great set of tyres installed on your vehicle. That’s why our team has invested in the equipment, experience and knowledge to provide our customers with a comprehensive wheel and tyre service.
We take a proactive approach to all our services. Which means that before we begin installing your wheels or tyres we’ll get to know your car, your driving habits and your budget. Knowing this information will allow for us to make the best recommendations for your vehicle and give you the best ride from your car.
We have access to the highest quality brands of tyres and wheels on the market and are happy to order in any products that you feel will be best suited to your car. At the end of the day, we want you driving away in a vehicle that looks the way you dreamed and performs even better.
For more information on our performance wheels and tyre service, contact our friendly team today!
For help with your wheels and tyres,
get in touch today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the titles below to expand the FAQ's.
Choosing the right tyre for your car is important. You want something that is going to handle well and keep you safe. Typically, our team recommends asking the following 4 questions before offering selecting a tyre:
- What is my budget for high performance tyres?
- Will these tyres perform well for my driving style?
- If getting new wheels as well: Will these tyres fit the wheel? Or will I need to upgrade my wheels
- Is this a trusted tyre brand?
Asking yourself these 4 questions will help you narrow down the right tyre for you. The GMW team is highly knowledgeable and happy to help you in the selection of your performance tyres, and can walk you through the benefits of what tyre might be right for you.
If you are thinking about getting larger wheels (or rims, as they are often referred to) you can expect a few positive changes to occur. As you increase the size of the wheel and decrease the size of your sidewall, your ability to make turns will be sharper and your handling in the vehicle will be much more pronounced. If using your car for racing, you will most likely see an increase in your lap times as well.
Be warned though, if you are purchasing bigger wheels on your passenger car for cosmetic reasons, you will quickly notice a decrease in you fuel economy. So, if saving money on fuel is something that is important to you, it might be worth looking at getting a wheel that is still sharp looking but won’t mess with your fuel economy.
If you are noticing your car not driving as well as it normally does, it could be a sign that there is something wrong with your tyres. Here are a few tell-tale signs that it’s time to get your tyres replaced:
- The tyre warning light has come on in your car
- You notice slipping or longer braking times: If you notice this, check your tyre tread. If it looks run down, its time to get new tyres.
- If you notice the tread on your tyres on just one side of your car is low, this can be a clear sign that your tyres are not only old, but that your wheel alignment is off as well
- Tyre vibration: It’s quite normal to feel the bumps in the road, but if you’re noticing them more than normal, it could be a sign that there is something seriously wrong with your tyres.